— NVR Domain Health Monitoring —
NVR Domain Health Monitoring
What could be done to ensure the DETEXI domain controller configuration health?
First of all, the reliability settings should be configured for each NVR in the domain. Then — be aware weather all child NVRs are alive and properly respond to the domain controller. And finally, the domain database held by the NVR Domain Controller should always be synchronized with the child NVRs data.
DETEXI Reliability System
IP-surveillance system reliability minimizes the risk of system failure and associated down-time, therefore a designated person or persons should be aware of the DETEXI system status at any given time. There are several areas that should be checked to insure that you have a healthy and functioning system —
- Is the NVR running at all (power is OFF or ON)
- Are all selected NVR components running
- Are all cameras with an active schedule functioning and being recorded
- Is there enough space to make a recording
- Are there enough system resources to make a recording
- Is the NVR Domain Controller network and all it’s child NVRs healthy and running
To address the issue the DETEXI Reliability System
is embedded into the software. Every NVR, including NVR Domain Controller in the domain configuration should have its own reliability settings.
In this case if something happens to the system, hardware or one of the NVR components, certain task assigned to this event automatically informs the system administrator about the problem.
For the detailed instructions on how to setup the system health monitoring, refer to the DETEXI NVR — Reliability System
and the DETEXI NVR — Event Management — Task Triggers — System Health
sections of the manual.
Child NVR Health Monitoring
Although every NVR in the domain configuration should have its own reliability settings there is a new intercommunication layer between the NVR Domain Controller
and a child NVR
, which could also fail and therefore the system administrator must be able to check its status.
To be aware weather all child NVRs are alive
and properly respond to the domain controller you should launch Check Alive
procedure to setup Task when NVR does not respond
child NVR in the domain controller NVR Control Center
Domain Database Synchronization
The NVR Domain controller supports the domain database synchronization automatically, but it can be lost if during the system configuration the connection between a child NVR and the domain controller is broken.
- The synchronization must be restored when the connection is established.
- The DETEXI NVR domain continues to work in full configuration even if the connection between any child NVR and the domain controller is temporarily broken.