Weather you want to centralize user access control and camera management for existing IP surveillance system, or configure a new security installation consisting of several NVRs that are logically attached to the NVR Domain Controller, there are several steps to follow.
1. Setup Exclusive Master Users
Before a secure connection between the NVRs and the NVR Domain Controller could be established at least one user in every NVR and in the Domain Controller must be set as an Exclusive Master User
that will manage exclusive connection rights in the domain.
2. Register NVR on the Domain Controller
- The NVR administrator must provide the NVR exclusive master user login name and password to the NVR Domain Controller administrator.
- The NVR Domain Controller administrator in turn must provide the Domain Controller exclusive master user login name and password to every child NVR administrator.
To register NVR on the Domain Controller as a member of domain network (child NVR) the NVR exclusive master user should send a request to get connected
to the NVR Domain Controller.
3. Domain Controller Accepts (Rejects) the Registration Request
- The authorization of request will be required — credentials supplied by the NVR Domain Controller administrator should be provided.
Subsequently the NVR Domain Controller administrator (exclusive master user) can accept
a registration request from any NVR; or delay a decision and keep the NVR and Domain Controller logical connection in a NEW
mode when the Domain Controller can "see" the NVR components and settings but can not remotely update any of them.
The registration request in a NEW mode may be accepted or rejected at any time.
If the registration request is accepted
— the Domain Controller will import and keep up-to-date
information about the remote (child) NVR cameras settings. Updating the NVR settings from the Domain Controller will be allowed.
The NVR and Domain Controller will stay logically connected until the NVR or Domain Controller administrator requests to unregister
If the NVR registration request is rejected
— a logical connection between the NVR and Domain Controller won’t be established.
- On the Domain Controller side the authorization also will be required — credentials supplied by the NVR administrator should be provided.