— Administration and Management — Bandwidth Consumption —
Administration and Management
Bandwidth will be consumed between —
Recording Bandwidth Consumption
- DETEXI NVR and cameras while recording;
- DETEXI Clients and cameras when live video is being viewed.
Recording schedules, both continuous and motion-only require a constant stream from the camera while on schedule. In addition, recording can be configured to occur on an event — either on a camera input status change, or via a task triggered by some other event in the system.
- When calculating bandwidth usage, consider the worst case scenario — the time of day when the maximum number of cameras will have an active recording schedule, and also assume that many or all of your event recordings are active.
With these things in mind, use the simulation-based Bandwidth Calculator to estimate how much bandwidth the NVR will need to operate as you intend.
Viewing Bandwidth Consumption
In DETEXI Clients, there are many options for viewing any number of cameras at once. Due to the smart-scaling features of the DETEXI Client’s multi-camera view, the actual bandwidth usage will depend upon the computer’s defined resolution, how many cameras are being viewed at once, as well as other factors that determine the cameras’ display resolutions.
To include DETEXI Client bandwidth consumption in your calculation, you can use the following bandwidth estimations for viewing to be added to your recording bandwidth calculations —
- Single camera view — 10 mbit/s
- Multi-camera view (2-4 cameras) — 10 mbit/s
- Multi-camera view (> 4 cameras) — 5 mbit/s
- Bandwidth consumption should be considered for each Client license obtained for the DETEXI NVR (simultaneous connections), in the event that the maximum number of Clients allowed is connected at once.
- The bandwidth consumption estimated for each Client should be based on the type of viewing that will most likely occur on that workstation.
- The calculations are based on the performance and resource consumption of AXIS cameras/video servers and should be used for estimation purposes only.